Departure in Bangkok or meet up at the border of Ranong Pier in South Thailand (To Kawthaung) for a 5 day cruise in the Southern Mergui Archipelago. Join David Van Driessche on this cruise where we will shoot sunsets and sunrises on the most deserted beaches in the world, the hidden Archipelago of Mergui. We also shoot portraits of the Moken Sea Nomads, the last tribe that lives on their Kabang Boats and see them in their village where they do some trading between boat trips. Join us for an authentic cruise of photography and hidden and amazing locations.
Your guide will meet you at the airport/ pier in Kawthaung and transfer you to your boat for check in. Along the way, observe the bustling border town. If you are interested and if time permits, you may take part in a short sightseeing tour (optional). Stroll through the lively market near the Jetty, visit the famous Victoria Point, the most southern tip of Myanmar’s mainland, photo stop at the King Bayint Naung statue. Visit the Pyi Daw Aye Pagoda with scenic views across the river to Ranong and finish the tour with a short drive through the fishermen settlements on the out skirts of the town. Overnight cruise to The Three Islets (115 Island).
Wake up with a stunning view at The Three Islets (115 Island). We wake up for the sunset on the hill to shoot the Island by Sunrise. Before Lunch cruise to Nyaung Wee Island and visit the Moken Village. During lunchtime we will cruise to the largest sea gipsy settlement in the area on Bo Cho Island. Be prepared to get surrounded by curious kids. Here we can make some unique portrait photos of Moken Nomads and Burmese fisherman. Bring some small gifts and be even more overwhelmed by their warm welcome. Walk through the village and take scenic pictures from the Pagoda located on the hill overlooking the entire village. Chill-out onboard and observe the daily life of the almost extinct sea-gypsies. Cruising to Lampi Island (if time and tide okay visit the mangrove forest). Do some night fishing. Overnight onboard nearby Lampi Island. Evening Sunset fotoshoot.
Wake up before Sunrise to shoot the sunset on Lampi Island. Early morning kayaking along the mangrove forest or snorkeling / swimming / beach time. Cruising north to Tar Yar Island kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, beach. Cruising between Ko Phawt Island and Lampi Island for another mangrove forest, beach etc. Cruising in the early evening south to Pilar Island. Evening Sunset tour if time allows. Overnight at Laguna Bay.
wake up for Sunrise Photography at Iguana Bay. Departure around 09:00 am to High Rock (Hlaing Gu Island).Continue to Zar Det Nge Island and shoot beautiful beaches and rock formations. Continue to Salon Island. BBQ dinner on the Island, Sunset Photshoot. Overnight onboard nearby Salon Island.
If time permits, sunrise photoshoot at Salon Island, after breakfast cruising to Kawthaung. Disembark MV Sea Gipsy and transfer to the Kawthaung airport / Ranong.
– Round Transfer from Airport Kawthaung or Airport/pier Ranong to Kawthaung jetty,
– Accommodation onboard MS Sea Gipsy based on double bed open-air gazebo
– On board meals ( 3 meals per day with minimum 3 – 4 dishes per meal )
– Soft drinks, fruits, snacks
– Sea Kayaks (sit-on-top), Snorkeling sets (mask, snorkel and fins), Fishing Gears
– Life Jackets
– Port fees
– Special travel permit application
– Local English speaking guide
– Photography lessons and guidance from David Van Driessche
– Daily Photoshoots and evening workshops on the boat on post production
– Map of the Islands
– Other Transfers not listed above
– Mergui Archipelago fees (Royalty fees) USD 100.00 – 140.00 depending on the length of the trip per pax for every trip on board of MV Sea Gipsy.
– Myanmar Visa Fee (USD 30.00 per person) – Single supplement surcharge
– Alcoholic Beverages
– Expenditures of personal nature, such as alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, tip for crew etc.
– Personal insurances such as health, trip cancellation, luggage damage and lost etc
– International and Domestic Air Tickets
– Service not mentioned above
– Fuel surcharge, if it is applicable
- Minimum 4 pax is required to confirm the trip.
- Maximum 10 pax of booking can be accepted.
- The boat, MV Sea Gipsy, has no cabin on board but will provide secure lockers which are located on the lower deck, to store the guests belongings. The boat was built as 5 open-air gazebos which can be transformed into double beds with curtains etc for the night time. There are 2 gazebos on the upper deck and 3 gazebos on the main deck and all booking requests are always handled by the first received first served basis.
- The boat is just a simple and not a luxury boat. All rooms have small fans that can be used during nightime. There are 2 bathrooms (showers only) with toilets on the main deck and all the guests have to be shared it.
- A booking is not confirmed until you receive a written confirmation from Mergui-island.com You will receive an invoice by fax or e-mail as confirmation of booking.
- Visa Note: Myanmar Visa needed + entrance fee (need minimum 3 weeks advance booking) International Passport needed for the trip, at least valid for 6 months. A valid visa for myanmar is also needed, you can apply here: https://evisa.moip.gov.mm
- Payment Conditions: Deposit: 50 % within 10 days after booking confirmation.
Final payment: 50 % 60 days prior to departure.
- Payment Method:
a) by US Dollar – cash our office (Mergui-island.com) in Bangkok (Asia 4 You Co Ltd)
b) by wire transfer, net amount, to the indicated account (account details will be mentioned in Invoice)
c) by credit card – Link will be provided on booking time (please note an additional fee of 4 percent will be applied for banking and credit card fee)
9. The boats embarkation time is between noon and 18:00 hours (6 PM) on departure day and disembarkation time is around 09:00 hours (9 AM) on arrival day for all Islands Safari trips.
10. In case of an unforeseen increase in fuel prices, we will keep our right to adjust the above prices by charging a fuel-surcharge.
11. People departing in Bangkok will be informed of meeting point and departure time. People can also meet up at Ranong Pier or Kawthaung Airport to Join the trip.
12. Liability: We strongly recommend that each guest purchases comprehensive accident, medical, baggage and trip cancellation / interruption insurance when they book the trip. Please be advised that if guest chooses NOT to purchase the trip insurance, we will not be responsible for any financial disappointment caused by any reasons beyond our control. No partial or full refund will be made for unused services. In the event that it will be necessary for Mergui-island.com to cancel or interrupt the tour due weather there will be no refund.
13. Mergui-island.com and its subsidiaries reserve the right to rearrange the order of any itinerary, to cancel or substitute elements of any plan without notice when local conditions force (weather conditions, flight time changes, tidal movements etc) such changes.
14. Note: All guests has to returned a complete filled out Booking & Liability Release Form before departure.
Good waterproof walking shoes for hard and wet rocks.
Camera with wide angle lens, zoom lens and portrait lens.
Enough memory cards.
Filters and tripod.
Sunscreen Lotion protection for high factor.
Reading material for when we are on the boat.
Notebook with enough HD space to move your files, with Adobe Lightroom installed if possible.