Kawthaung – Taung La Bo island – Poni Island – Island 115 Upon being greeted by your guide at the airport In Kawthaung or Ranong or the pier, your check-in procedure will be completed. If there is time before the departure take in bustling seaport of Kawthaung. The sidewalk shops overflow with a sizeable and varied stock of goods. Victoria Point is nearby and is the most
southern point of mainland Myanmar.
There are great photo ops at King Bayint Naung statue and the Pyi Daw Aye Pagoda where you can capture scenic views across the river to Ranong, Thailand. Departing Kawthaung smooth seas and adventure await as we cruise into the Mergui Archipelago. Once on board of MV Sea Gipsy, take a little time to get acquainted with your cabin. But don’t wait too long as a deck chair is calling to you. Relax, take in the luscious sea breeze and enjoy the smooth ride to our first stop at Taung La Bo Island where we do some long exposure on pristine beaches.
This quaint island is a perfect place for your first dip in the beautiful waters of the Mergui Archipelago. Returning to the boat after your fun in the water the MV Sea Gipsy heads to Poni Island, before we cruise to Island 115, to photograph the sunset and where we spend our first night.
Island 115 – Shark Island – Lagoon Bay Waking from your restful slumber on the Sea Gipsy, the sun greets you as it slowly rises above the islands. Morning shoot at the Island. Your second day has begun. After breakfast, the Sea Gipsy heads to Shark Island. And don’t fear, the island gets it’s name because of its shape, like a shark, and not for sharks being in the safe waters around the island. The water is fun and inviting but more adventure awaits with swimming or snorkeling. After a sumptuous lunch, our journey continues to Lagoon Bay to explore the mangrove forest by sea kayak. Lagoon Bay will also serve as our night port for a relaxing night’s sleep after our day of activities. Today we also learn how to make adventure and sport photography and talk about post processing them in the evening time on the boat.
Lagoon Bay – Moken Village, Ba Wei Island – Boulder Island At first light, we set to cruise to visit the Moken village and home of the Sea Gypsies. It’s a sure bet that the local Moken children will be on hand to greet us with smiles and waves. At the moken village we will make portraits and document the way of life of the sea nomads, a unique experience,… Our next stop will be Ba Wei Island, which is a high cliff mountain. Take the kayak and passing the huge rock gate. A good place to relax and explore the sea life while swimming and or snorkeling, kayaking or Longtail SUP (Stand Up Paddling Board). Our ride to Boulder Island gives our next nights stop for rest, Boulder Bay. Take you mask and Snorkel and discover the underwater world of Boulder Bay Reef and if the tide allows you have to opportunity to explore this amazing island with its many exciting treks. Evening long exposure scene at boulder rock.
Jungle Adventure Trekking on Boulder Island – Myauk Ni Island – Thay Yae Island (Barwell Channel) After shooting the morning light on Boulder Rocks, we head for an unforgettable trek on this previously uncharted island. The island offers so much more than what you can experience in a day with five beaches, all with great snorkeling. Kayaks are available to explore the waters around Boulder Island. If you brought your hiking shoes there are amazing treks that take you to various locations on the island. One of our favorites is the hike to Eagle Rock, the highest elevation on the island. The view of Boulder Bay is spectacular. Return to the boat after your adventures as we set off in the late afternoon with a stop at Myauk Ni (Red Monkey Island) Island for a refreshing swim before our final destination for the evening and overnight stay at next to Thu Yee Island at the Barwell Channel. Enjoy a relaxing dinner and sunset before retiring for the evening, and we then do more post processing of our images of the trip.
Thay Yae Island (Barwell Channel) – Kawthaung Day five sees us heading back into Kawthaung. We will arrive about 09am so if you have an early flight to catch you won’t be hurried. At Kawthaung, our staff will assist you with your return travel plans and immigration. People returning to Yangon will catch the flight from Kawthaung airport and we provide transfers. People returning to Thailand need a passport valid more than 6 months or a visa for Thailand.
The trip to Thailand is done by long tail boat (20 minutes) after you checked out of Myanmar Immigration, where you will re-enter Thailand in Ranong Pier. You can take the evening flight or bus back to Bangkok or Phuket here.
- Round Transfer from Airport Kawthaung or Airport/pier Ranong to Kawthaung jetty,
- Accommodation onboard MS Sea Gipsy based on double bed open-air gazebo
- Onboard meals ( 3 meals per day with minimum 3 – 4 dishes per meal)
- Soft drinks, fruits, snacks
- Sea Kayaks (sit-on-top), Snorkeling sets (mask, snorkel, and fins), Fishing Gears
- Life Jackets and all needed Safety equipment
- Port fees as well as Special travel permit application
- Local English speaking guide
- Photography guide David Van Driessche as explained in the program
- Post-processing lessons onboard on Photography
Note Visa: Please be advised that agents or passengers are required to obtain all the necessary visas for the county to be visited. For Myanmar and Thailand a valid passport for six months are required. You will have to apply and obtain a 28 days valid tourist visa for you to enter Myanmar. We recommend that you contact your local Myanmar Embassy for the most up to dated information on visa and passport requirements. A combination to enter Myanmar in Yangon and leave Myanmar in Kawthaung is allowed,. Since 1st September 2016 one can apply for e-visa to allow tourists and business people to enter through Kawthaung and then they can travel freely from Kawthaung to other destinations in Myanmar on the same tourist or business visa, please see https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/index.aspx.
- Other Transfers not listed above
- Mergui Archipelago fees (Royalty fees) USD 100.00 – 140.00 depending on the length of the trip per person for every trip on board of MV Sea Gipsy.
- Myanmar Visa (apply via https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/index.aspx)
- Single supplement surcharge
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Expenditures of personal nature, such as alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, tip for crew, etc.
- Personal insurances such as health, trip cancellation, luggage damage or lost, etc
- International and Domestic Air Tickets
- Service not mentioned above
- Fuel surcharge, if it is applicable
Due to changes by access to some areas, the program might change at some locations, we will then look for a similar and suitable area to replace the location.
Accommodation is included for all nights in the price of this tour and based on shared double gazebo on the boat. Gazebo’s can be split by a curtain. Passport:
International Passport needed for the trip, at least valid for 6 months.
A valid visa for myanmar is also needed, you can apply here:
our experienced chef prepares daily meals included in the package, breakfast lunch and dinner. Alcoholic drinks are not included but can be bought only in Kawthaung before departure.
How to Book
We aim to respond within one working day. Once we receive your enquiry we will check availability and confirm this to you, and also reserve you a place on the tour. We will send you an invoice for the deposit (50% of the tour cost). Once this has been received your tour will be fully confirmed.
The remaining balance should be paid at least 4 weeks before departure of the tour.
INTERNATIONAL BANK TRANSFER
PAYABLE TO: Asia 4 You Co Ltd, based in Onnut 53 Yeek 1-7, Ket Praweth Bangkok 10250.
Bangkok Bank: Account Number: 232-481172-4
Branch: Seacon Square
SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK Email payment slip to: email@example.com By credit card: use paypal and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum 4 guests are required to confirm the trip.
- Maximum 12 guests as total passengers can be accepted on each cruise.
- The boat, MV Sea Gipsy, has no private cabins on board. The boat was built as 5 open-air gazebos which are transformed into double beds with curtains. There are 2 gazebos on the upper deck and 3 gazebos on the main deck below and all booking requests are always handled by the first received first-served basis. MV Sea Gipsy provides space and storage area on the lower deck.
- The boat is basic but very nice and comfortable. There is no air con on board but we have small fans in each Gazebo and a lot of nice breeze from the sea. There are 2 bathrooms (showers only) with toilets on the main deck so all the guests have to share these facilities.
- A booking is not confirmed until you receive a written confirmation from Moby Dick Tours Co., Ltd. You will receive an invoice by fax or e-mail as a confirmation of your booking.
- Payment Conditions:
- Cancellation Conditions: If the balance is not received in time, Moby Dick Tours Co., Ltd retains the right to resell the booked available spaces on board.
- Payment Method: Payment to be made: a) by US Dollar – cash at our office (Moby Dick Tours) in Yangon b) by wire transfer, net amount, to the indicated account (account details will be mentioned in the Invoice) c) by your credit card via PayPal (we have to charge you a 5% extra service fees if you decide to pay through PayPal as PayPal is charging this fees to us).
- In case of an unforeseen increase in fuel prices, we will keep our right to adjust the above prices by charging a fuel surcharge.
- Liability: We strongly recommend that each guest purchases comprehensive accident, medical, baggage and trip cancellation/interruption insurance when they book the trip. Please be advised that if guest chooses NOT to purchase any trip insurances, we will not be responsible for any financial disappointment caused by any reasons beyond our control. No partial or full refund will be made for unused services.
- Moby Dick and its subsidiaries reserve the right to rearrange the schedules of any cruise itinerary and to cancel or substitute elements of any plan without notice when local conditions forces (weather conditions, flight time changes, tidal movements etc) cannot be executed due to various reasons as mentioned above. There will be no partial or full refund of payments in the case of no-show or last-minute cancellation by the customer. Moby Dick Tours Co., Ltd has the right to modify/change the tour program due to weather conditions and in the interest of the passenger’s safety, without any compensation to customers. In the unlikely case of a trip having to be outright canceled by Moby Dick Tours Ltd. After that the payments have been received, a refund or a new trip will be offered, but no further compensation will be given. Although our ship is well maintained, equipment breakdown can occur. If during the trip, the ship is disabled by a breakdown of machinery, collisions or any other cause that prevents the use of the ship by the guests, Moby Dick Tours Ltd. will make a pro-rata refund of the tour price for the period of disablement.
- Note: All guests have to return a complete filled out Booking & Liability Release Form before departure.
PRICE: 1360 USD per person
INFORMATION AND BOOKINGS
Please bring: Tripod and camera gear, wide-angle lens is recommended, as well
as a 10 stop filter for long exposures.
A portrait lens you are comfortable with.
Memory cards and notebook to copy, Hard drive for backup your photos.
Protective waterproof bags for your gear
Good walking shoes for rocks and hard/wet surface.
Why not extend your stay in one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We take care of your extensions to relax and enjoy your holiday even more.
City Extension Bangkok
We have an amazing extension in Bangkok, where we visit the photographic highlights of the Big Mango, and a visit to South Bangkok and the old capital city of Ayuthaya, contact us for more information.